Saturday, February 9, 2008

traveling blues

my friend, D.B., who works in a wonderful organization generous with holidays is taking 3 weeks off work and traveling with friends to morocco & spain. i wish i could go with, but due to capital w, Work, it's not to be (at least not now). D.B. will have one more week of time to spend with me, in fantastic destination yet to be determined.

but all this travel and frankly, some disenchantment with nyc right now, has me hankering to travel. the world. or some discrete corner of it, anyway. my list of places yet to be seen is dauntingly long. and, while i thought poring over travel magazines, would quench my thirst, it has actually whet my appetite (can you mix metaphors like that? meh.)

K.R. and his friend, M.L., might be jetting off to africa this spring. i've never ever been to africa. and J.M. and M.R. are going to travel south american on their way back to north america. sometime this spring, guys? i think P.S. is going on an across the states road-trip. all of which sounds fascinating. can you believe the "south" i've seen is houston, tx. that's just wrong.

so. maybe you have travel suggestions for someone full of wanderlust. even if i can't go, i can dream.

1 comment:

Dea B said...

have any suggestions for our trip come in? I'm dreaming big and dreaming small.

By the way, I say we do the postcard prank (you remember, I emailed you a story about it?) for someone while we're away. :-)