Saturday, May 23, 2009

big news. grande nouvelle.

it's almost final. i will (very likely) be in London for 6 months starting July. i got an internship with Amnesty International. yes, unpaid. boo. but I think I can swing it and the gig sounds so interesting and might just help me figure out TROML. yippy. i will have to enforce a regimen of poverty. i get a daily lunch & transportation stipend and a return flight, so it could be worse.

my time in london will end just as i have to be in victoria to teach a course at uvic. that too isn't quite final, but i am optimistic that it'll all work out. who else would be willing to teach "corporate & consumer law" (aka "sale of goods"). i hope the students are a forgiving bunch.

if i can't be in nyc right now, london is a decent substitute. & some people like london more than nyc. crazy. the tv will be MUCH better than in the netherlands, assuming i can afford to have a tv or cable or permanent shelter.

3 comments:

Dea said...

Coolio! Are you coming back here in between?

Jennifer said...

Well, “some people” are crazy, too. And I’m sad you’re not hurrying back here. But congratulations! And I’ll try to come visit you (I know, I know... “woo,” right?)!!

rxm said...

i would love you to visit!! yippy!!