Monday, April 13, 2009

den haag!

after an absence, i'm back on the blog. let's hope it lasts awhile. my packing process was quite a humourless experience, except that i had to push back my flight to toronto 3 times because i was so far from finished packing. it's really tragic how far my assumptions about time were from the reality of time. egad. anyway, my time in toronto was short, but sweet. by short, i mean 28 hours short. the flight to amsterdam was great, met E.B. at the airport and we took the train back together. how great for me since i had two heavy suitcases, including big bertha - my giant suitcase that always remains 10 lbs overweight not matter what i do. should try weight watchers for luggage. schlepped my stuff up to E.B.'s top floor of walk-up apartment (with his help of course). today is not my start-date as i believed it to be. tomorrow, 9 am, at the administration building and i get my first assignment tomorrow afternoon. yep, they're really just going to throw me in there. wonderful. am on skype now people, so find me at my full firstnickname (not the one that ends in -want) on skype if you want to free chat with me. [isn't my attempt to mask my identity and thus protect my privacy laughable. hahahaha].

will write more later. am going out for dinner with P.S. and his ladyfriend, S.

miss everyone & nyc, which is like a living, breathing, annoying, loveable person to me.

2 comments:

jimfinn said...

thinking of you raji! can't wait until you're back in victoria ... i'll dust off my chessboard. please send updates when you can!

Anonymous said...

What Jim said x 10.

Well, except the part about chess, which would likely make me cry. But I will dust off the martini glasses.

Oh, who am I kidding, they never get dusty!

DB