Wednesday, April 15, 2009

day 1

allergies!
why do you vex me!!
i'm grossing out my gracious host, E.B., by snotting and snorting and sneezing (triple S threat) all over his lovely apartment.

seriously, this is bad news. it's pollen galore here. i thought i'd have escaped the worst of it on account of having left sacha the cat, but not to be.

day 1 was great. mishaps: didn't get my security badge due to some mix-up. didn't find a cell phone SIM card place due to the fact that everything closes here victoria-time. misawesomes: met my boss - he's great. met my fellow work-mates. 2 canadians + me = 3. we're rocking the international law scene. one italian super nice guy + a few others i haven't met yet. got my first legal assignments. very interesting, cutting-edge stuff. found out i can wear jeans, have flexible hours so long as the work gets done (as it should be) and work from a few different places - the beach building (which has an awesome view, small cafeteria), the main building (no view, better cafe, library), coffee shops (so long as i make sure my stuff isn't splayed out all over the place) and peace palace library (which is beautiful). or home. once i find one.

all in all, very good work conditions. oh, except the no pay bit. well, i need to pay my work for free / at poverty line dues, after living the glamourous, big city, buying tickets from scalpers life in the apple (of my eye).

more soon.
xoxo

No comments: