Wednesday, March 19, 2008

a cruel & unusual punishment

argh. work disabled gmail chat. my social life is going to suffer a major blow. so annoying. we can't access webmail from our usual network anyway. we have to log into a special segregated server that allows access to webmail. according to the homepage for that server, it's being offered as a courtesy. the server times out after 20 minutes. webmail can only be accessed for 20 minute intervals. so, is disabling gmail chat really necessary? at most i could chat for 20 minutes at a time.

anyway. the battle against IT wages on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the message in the box where we used to access Gmail chat now tells us one of two things has happened: (1) our internet connection is having problems ... or (2) our network administrator blocked Gmail chat. There was really no doubt in my mind which one was the culprit.

Dea B said...

Hey! You linked to me! I feel special :-)

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.