Tuesday, September 11, 2007

my trip winds downnnnnnn.

21.08.07 & 22.08.07:

my arrival back at P's, C's & E's place was a home-coming. on a side note, P & C are coming to NYC this weekend & staying with me. hardly a fitting payback for my insinuation into their lives & home for so long, but it's a start. i guess i can pay it forward.

so my airline, aer lingus, was on alert for a pilot strike, which meant that i wasn't entirely sure what was going to happen with my flight. phew (though a last minute call from the governor type respite would mean i could stay in europe a bit longer), my flight was not one of the ones cancelled. so i was still good for making it home. though my chances of making it to vancouver for my cousin's wedding were dwindling, especially since holy jetlag!

but i digress. i went to bagels & beans to celebrate/mourn the air lingus non-strike. i love bagels & beans, especially the one in the passage. we had a lovely dinner at home that night (my last night with P, C, E & newcomers P & E.) but i did get to do my laundry again before leaving the netherlands & bask in the awesome friendships forged.

the next day was my flight from schiphol (best airport ever!) mid-afternoon. P (C's P, not P, L's friend P) helped me to den haag centraal because he's such a gentleman. maybe i need to go to lisbon next! i get to the airport without incident. board my flight to dublin, kick it in dublin airport for my layover & then board my flight back to NY. ahhhhh. the flight was great. my entire row (all the way across the plane) was empty so i really got to stretch out in those 3 middle of the plane seats. lovely. i forget what movie was playing. i think it was blades of thunderous steel. i practiced mouth-reading by not using my headphones even though they were free.

and then the inevitable happened to mark the end of my trip.

my pen exploded.

No comments: