Friday, September 7, 2007

Gorusmek uzere, istanbul!

20.08.07:

see you soon, istanbul!

my flight leaves around noon. i buy a few souvenirs, meet up with G to say bye and speed off to the airport.

after all my flying woes, the sun shone down on me. turns out my return flight was in business class. suh-weeeeeet. that sort of thing never happens to me. i have no idea how it happened. i thought the check-in counter woman was bumping me up, but she told me that i had been booked into business class. that was really news to me, since (a) i hadn't flown in business class on my way to istanbul & (b) i was pretty sure i hadn't paid business class fare. but i'm not going to complain.

i chill in the business class lounge and try to eat and drink all i can consume for free. my flight back to amsterdam was really quick, especially because i was seated next to a nice dutch guy who has lived all over the world because his parents worked for KLM. he had lived in istanbul for a while, too. but went to high school in india. all made for very interesting conversation.

i made my way back to the hague and back to P's place. it was a full-house: along with the three of them (P, C, and E), C's friend from portugal, P, was visiting. & in anticipation of C's move to d.c., E from canada, had moved in already. & then there was me. 6 of us! i did my laundry and settled back into my home away from home away from home away from home. i'm missing some away from homes in there. but you know what i mean.

No comments: