Sunday, October 18, 2009

i saw kevin spacey ...

... from about a hundred miles away, in the nosebleeds at the old vic.

i went to see "inherit the wind" on friday night. it was excellent!

highlights:

* the adorable couple sitting next to me (that in itself could be a highlight since i rarely see couples i can non-sneeringly call adorable that aren't already in my circle of acquaintance) who could not understand much of the tennessee-accented english emanating from the stage. [it kind of made me giggle with delight since i myself can't understand much of the high-pitched chirping sounds emanating from giddy englishfolk]
* the adorable couple sitting a row in front of me who were about 7,000 years old and so sparklingly in love.
* did i mention, KEVIN SPACEY! [could this man be any sexier?]
* did i mention, THE OLD VIC THEATRE ITSELF!
* part II of r.m.'s and m.r.'s burgerventure (more on this soon)

there were no lowlights. i lie, of course there were lowlights. to wit,

* having not enough money in my wallet to buy a program or a poster.
* dying of thirst, rummaging around for GBP 1.20 to buy a bottle of fanta on the platform from a vending machine at waterloo east station, finding GBP 1.20, buying the fanta only to have it explode as soon as i opened it, losing about 1/3 of its contents to the train platform.
* arriving at the bus station in blackheath, awaiting the bus to bring me to j.m.'s and m.r.'s, trying to button myself up against the wind, only to have the top-most button on my coat fall off and roll away. [i managed to find it though!]

No comments: