Thursday, August 27, 2009

what a scary thought!

ever since i've been visiting in surrey, my dad and a couple of family friends have been suggesting that i open my own law firm. to which i always roll my eyes and say no way. i like law. i'm not a business person. if i were to open a business, it would be a combination stationary store / book store / music venue / art gallery / coffee shop / publishing house. not a law firm. today, my dad was on my back about it again. he then suggested (and i sincerely hope this was in jest though he wasn't smiling) that i open a firm and he will work at my law firm. as a consultant. to which i said "in what". he said "immigration matters." i said "no immigration work at my fictional firm, at least not for indian people because i am a racist." then he said he'd be my secretary. to which i replied "you can't type! and you have surly telephone voice."

oh dear god, i hope he wasn't being serious.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Why do our parents insist on giving us reasons to think that people get stupider as they age?

DeannaBanana said...

I'll be giving you the same hard sell as your dad when you move back to Vic. Start a firm here. Hire me. All will be well.

rxm said...

hahahaha! :)

DB, our firm would be all about the cabana boys, sipping lattes all morning and margaritas all afternoon! sounds good to me! we should start a talk therapy business where we give people hard-talk to change their lives. i like being bossy!