Thursday, April 15, 2010

odds & ends

1. Justice Stevens is retiring from the US Supreme Court and the interwebs are abuzz with speculation about who Obama will appoint to take Stevens' seat. This article (linked here) is an excellent write-up of a different kind of diversity, sorely lacking on the bench.

2. How f*cked up is Facebook? Rather, how f*gazied are the people on Facebook? Apparently enough so that an application called "Follow Me After I Die" has been created, which allows users to stay connected from beyond the grave. Holy Murphy! The application allows for the creation and dissemination of a final facebook status -- an after-life status message if you will. Like what: "It's all good; I just ran into the Philly Cream Cheese lady and there are bagels for everyone!".

3. I see London, I see France. Well I only saw London, and it was one altogether too short exhausting week of wedding fun & merriment. The two muppets (happily married couple) are on their honeymoon, leaving the rest of us to pick our sleep-deprived selves up from the floor and haul ass back to work.

4. Speaking of work: teaching rocks, marking sways. It's a necessarily evil, however, but who knew it would take so long to do! Not me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ms. M,

This post brightened my spirits this morning! I am glad to hear that you are enjoying your teaching duties. I hope to see you soon.

Best,

SM

Unknown said...

- Very interesting article about the Supreme Court and elitism.
- Facebook users are crazy, except me, and my friends (my crazy friends, clearly, are crazy). The Philly Cream Cheese Lady takes the cake though, and she seems to be expanding in the cheeks and middle.
- I agree with you 100% about teaching. Are you going to stick with it and become a bitter, overworked, yet much-loved and highly influential old lady with a house full of books and cats?