Tuesday, January 13, 2009

this plan is .... ludicrous

i've gone cold-turkey off of caffeine. yes. despite my passionate love for coffee and coffee culture, despite my (often) desperate search for coffee-places, and despite the fact that coffee offers much-needed succour on the daily trudge to work, i've decided to remove coffee from my diet for 2 whole weeks.

this is crazy. for me, anyway.

the last caffeinated beverage i had was a latte at amorino and that was saturday night. 3 whole days, 2 of them work-days, and i'm still clean.

ohhhh, i've had my temptations though. i've felt the dizzying rush passing a coffee-shop, how the sweet scent of a fine latte beckons me. but i resist. and for what? probably for naught. i'll likely go back to my (hardly) egregious one, maybe two, lattes a day habit. but it's not so much coffee i miss, specifically. though it would be so lovely to get rid of my perma-caffeine-deprivation headache. i miss the holding of the mug in my hand, the hanging out in coffee shops, the socio-ality of coffee. i miss those things more than the actual liquid gliding down my throat into my gullet, mixing with the all sorts of junk i eat.

ironically, however. it is 2:26 AM here. i have had not a speck of caffeine in three whole days, and i can't sleep. ha! i think this is the goddess of coffee's way of showing me just what a fool i've been.

anyway, wish me luck with my 2 week endeavour, and pray i find my sanity soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

but why darling, why?!?

Asterix said...

I am totes on your cheering squad! Take it to the next level!

rumon said...

out on totes, in on why. what the hizzy?