Wednesday, October 8, 2008

my brother is a married man

haven't been much on a computer lately. my kid brother got married this past saturday. wow. punjabi wedding madness. i arrived in vancouver tuesday and it was a non-stop extravaganza of family, food, music, dancing, whiny children and family members commenting on how "healthy" i look (translation: you've gained weight). i have the additional pleasure of hearing about how much my hair is thinning (yes, i do see it every day, but thank you for noting that i've ended my chances for beauty contest eligibility by studying too much (clearly, the only reason why my hair could be thinning and why in a few years, i will be able to go as kojak for halloween). anyway, the wedding is over & it was wildly successful. guaranteed every shot of me in the video will be scowl-y & furrowed brow-y. also, i'm sure my shiny bald head will be prominently on display. we packed my bro & his lady love on their honeymoon monday evening.

will report on the wedding soon. short of a few "omg. we forgot what?" moments, all was without incident. of course, we were late for all the ceremonies. but whatcha gonna do. of course, i was not blinged out enough for my relatives. i dropped many many many dollars on an outfit for the reception that i am now going to wear for the next 10 years of weddings. yes, it seriously cost that much.

more later. i'm at s'bucks paying for internet. bah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pictures of your lovely self please... both in traditional garb and your Joan Hollway get-up!

XO DB